Proof of sufficient funds to cover living expenses is one of the most crucial conditions for obtaining a visa to enter the United Kingdom for any reason (education, employment, or permanent residence). One of the key requirements set forth by the UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) is demonstrating your ability to support yourself financially without turning to public assistance. To accomplish this, open a bank account with one of the UKVI-approved financial institutions in India. Your visa application's success depends on the choice and use of such banks; we'll walk you through the process below on UKVI Approved Banks in India.
List of Indian banks that have been approved to issue UK visas
The UK Visas and Immigration Service's strict requirements were met by Indian banks that have been given UKVI approval. These financial institutions have demonstrated their ability to help visa applicants, including those seeking to study abroad or obtain other types of visas, with their financial needs in the UK. Selecting a bank from the UKVI's list demonstrates to the British government that you have a legal method of paying for your stay there.
What things should you keep in mind when selecting UKVI-approved banks?
Consider the following elements when choosing an Indian bank list that has been approved by UKVI:
Recognition: Confirm that UK Visas and Immigration has given the bank its approval. A current list of authorised financial institutions is kept online by the UK government.
Documentation: Check the bank's website or visit a branch to find out what documentation is required to open a bank account for a visa. It might be necessary to provide proof of identity, place of residence, and financial security.
Examine the costs, exchange rates, and other specifics of the bank's international services. Choose a financial institution that offers you straightforward, affordable options for managing your foreign funds.
How do you create and maintain an account?
Following your decision of a UKVI-approved bank, take the following actions:
Visit the bank: Bring your supporting documentation to the nearby bank branch. You will be taken step-by-step through the account opening process by the helpful bank staff.
Give evidence of your financial ability to travel by submitting the required documentation. It might be necessary to submit documentation of your financial stability, like bank statements.
Currency conversion: With the aid of multi-currency accounts provided by some institutions, you can keep track of your money in both Indian Rupees and British Pounds.
Online banking: With the help of the many online banking services offered by banks recognised by the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI), you can conveniently manage your accounts and conduct transactions from home.
Keep the necessary balance: Keep the required amount in your bank account at all times to comply with UKVI rules.
India's approved banks by UKVI
Updated list of banks for UK visas in India in 2024 provided by UKVI:
- Scheduled Commercial Banks -India/Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank /Ltd Karnataka Bank
- American Express Bank Ltd/Karur Vysya Bank Limited
- Arab Bangladesh Bank Limited/Lord Krishna Bank Ltd
- Allahabad Bank /Mashreqbank psc
- Andhra Bank/Mizuho Corporate Bank Ltd
- Antwerp Diamond Bank NV/Oman International Bank S A O G
- Axis Bank Ltd/Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Bank International Indonesia/Punjab & Sind Bank
- Bank of America NA/Punjab National Bank
- Bank of Bahrain & Kuwait BSC/Societe General
- Barclays Bank Plc/Sonali Bank Standard Chartered Bank
- BNP PARIBAS/State Bank of Mauritius Ltd
- Bank of Ceylon/SBI Commercial and International Bank Ltd
- Bharat Overseas Bank Ltd/State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur
- Bank of Baroda/State Bank of Hyderabad
- Bank of India/State Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra/State Bank of Indore
- Canara Bank/State Bank of Mysore
- Central Bank of India/State Bank of Patiala
- Calyon Bank/State Bank of Saurashtra
- Citibank NA/State Bank of Travancore
- Cho Hung Bank/Syndicate Bank
- Chinatrust Commercial Bank Ltd/The Bank of Nova Scotia
- Centurion Bank of Punjab Limited/The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi, Ltd
- City Union Bank Ltd/The Development Bank of Singapore Ltd (DBS Bank Ltd.)
- Coastal Local Area Bank Ltd/The Hongkong & Shanghai Banking Corporation Ltd
- Corporation Bank/Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd
- Catholic Syrian Bank/Ltd The Bank of Rajasthan Limited
- Deutsche Bank AG/The Federal Bank Ltd
- Development Credit Bank Ltd/The HDFC Bank Ltd
- Dena Bank/The Jammu & Kashmir Bank Ltd
- Dhanlaxmi Bank /The Nainital Bank Ltd
- IndusInd Bank Limited/The Sangli Bank Ltd
- ICICI Bank/The South Indian Bank Ltd
- IDBI Bank Limited/The Ratnakar Bank Ltd
- IDFC Bank Ltd/The Royal Bank of Scotland NV
- Indian Bank/The Lakshmi Vilas Bank Ltd
- Indian Overseas Bank/UCO Bank
- Industrial Development Bank of India/Union Bank of India
- ING Vysya Bank United Bank of India
- J P Morgan Chase Bank, National Association/Vijaya Bank
- Krung Thai Bank Public Company Limited/Yes Bank