Cloud computing is a term used to describe the internet-based computing system. Applications can be moved between computers with the aid of the internet. Almost everything in this contemporary digital world is linked to the cloud in some way. It is directly related to technologies and computer science. Because cloud computing makes use of servers and software networks, we can remotely upload and access information sources with its assistance. Furthermore, there is no need to save any data to the cloud because we can use and benefit from these things immediately.
Why should I study cloud computing?
- The biggest technological advancement today is cloud computing, and we are all affected by it. Learning it will enable us to expand our company quickly and accurately.
- Given that it has already established itself as the foundation of many IT solutions, this topic is anticipated to be in high demand in the future.
- Understanding cloud computing can increase the value of any IT professional's expertise by keeping them current and resulting in job promotions.
- A degree in cloud computing will increase your earning potential and improve your job prospects in all organisations.
- The most eye-catching certifications available on this subject have a high market value.
UK Universities offering BSc in Cloud Computing
Since cloud computing is a subset of computer science, the majority of bachelor's students take computer science or courses in a related field. Postgraduate students are more likely to use cloud computing. However, his course is offered to undergraduates at some UK universities.
Eastern University of London
UEL offers BSc (Hons) Cloud Computing to students. The university designed the course to give students a solid understanding of cloud computing's principles and how to apply them. Additionally, students gain practical knowledge of how to use cloud computing to support business decisions. The British Computer Society (BCS) has granted this UEL course accreditation.
Admission: January and September
For three years
Full-time mode of study
Annual tuition costs are £13,500.
Requirements for entry
- The following international credentials are recognised: A levels, BTEC, IB, or equivalents. A2 in at least two subjects is required for level-passed students, and they also need to have 25 IB points, with at least 15 of those points coming from higher levels.
- IELTS score of at least 6.0 overall, 6.0 in writing and speaking, and 5.5 in reading and listening is required to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. Pre-sessional English is a good option for you if you can't meet the language requirements.
MSc in Cloud Computing at UK Universities
For this highly regarded course, many UK universities offer higher qualifications. Three of them are:
Newcastle offers a master's degree in cloud computing that is entirely built around subject theory and practise. Implementing techniques will help students learn. The main subjects are:
- Code that is advanced in object-oriented
- Data analysis
- Data analytics using big
The students will also acquire cutting-edge professional expertise. They can conduct related-topic research in UK. Additionally, the university has connections with a number of businesses through which students can also find internship opportunities.
Timeframe: One year
Full-time mode of study
Annual tuition costs are £24,300.
A degree with at least a 2:2 in honours or an international equivalent. The prerequisite subject backgrounds are:
- Engineering software and computer science
- Systems for computing Distributed computing
- Web-based computing
- Information technology
- Computer technology
Students need to excel at-
- Rogramming in an object-oriented language, preferably Java.
- Analytical reasoning and thinking.
- The basics of probability theory.
Students who don't meet the aforementioned requirements but do have relevant professional experience in computing are still eligible to apply. language proficiency in English
- IELTS overall score of 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component).
- With a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking, and 17 in writing, the TOEFL score overall is 90.
- Any student who performs poorly on the English language test may be admitted to a pre-sessional English course.
Students interested in cloud computing can find a course at Leicester that suits their needs. The college offers an MSc and PGDip in cloud computing. Although the modules for the MSc and PGDip are identical, the final project for the MSc is required. The programmes are built with the intention of designing, analysing, and engineering big data handling systems in a distributed setting using dynamically scalable architectures.
Length: 1 year and 28 months
Full-time mode of study
MSc: £20,825, PGDip: £16,660, MSc with Industry: £23,950 in tuition
Requirements for entry
- A 2:1 with good honours in any relevant subject with a significant computing component. Additionally accepted is relevant work experience.
- IELTS 6.0 overall or equivalent for English language proficiency. In the event that a student does not meet the requirements, the University English Language Teaching Unit (ELTU) offers a variety of English courses.
College of Lincoln
The college provides a common MSc Cloud Computing course. The interested students in this Lincoln course will be given knowledge of the cutting-edge skill sets required in the quickly growing cloud computing industry.
In order to understand cloud-based computing, storage, and networking, the course aims to introduce students to the broad concepts of cloud computing. Additionally, it will give the chance to develop real-world expertise in cloud development and architecture design. Students can also earn certifications like Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals and Microsoft Azure Administrator as part of the programme.
Duration: One Year, Full-Time Study
- Any honours degree with a first or second class or an equivalent degree in a related field.
- IELTS score of 6.0 overall with at least 5.5 in each band indicates proficiency in the English language. Details about accepted tests can be found on the website. For those students who cannot demonstrate English language proficiency, the university once again offers Pre-session English and Academic Study Skills courses.
- The students are offered a variety of scholarship options by each of the aforementioned institutions. Their websites contain the information.
Usefulness of Cloud Computing
Since the field of cloud computing is in high demand and is constantly expanding, numerous job opportunities have already arisen. A few of them include:
- Software Engineer, Cloud Developer, and Software Architect
- Cloud advisor
- Engineer for development operations
- Developer across the board
- DevOps specialist
- Cloud architect
- Developer of Java, Data Scientist, Data Engineer, Developer of.NET, etc.