Most students enroll in the fall semester because the academic year at UK universities begins then. If prospective students cannot enroll in the fall semester, they have two other opportunities: the January and May intake at UK universities. Nearly 80% of international students applying to UK universities choose the September intake, associated with its benefits and drawbacks. You may believe you have a lot of time, but this is not the case, particularly for international students.
Students planning to enrol in UK universities for the September 2023 intake in the UK should be aware that the application deadline for the September 2023 intake in the UK is rapidly approaching.
How many intakes are there in the UK for international students?
Concerns about the UK’s “intakes” are a common source of misunderstanding among international students applying to universities there. The United Kingdom has three distinct application periods: the autumn/September intake (October–December/early January), the winter/January intake (February–April), and the summer/spring/May intake (May–July) (May-August).
Almost all UK colleges and universities welcome new students in September, and many provide unlimited enrollment for the first semester. This way, a learner can pick from an extensive menu of options. The next scheduled enrollment for the United Kingdom is in September 2023 intake. If you were hoping to join in January of 2023 but missed out, the next available intake is in September.
Why is the September intake so special for international students?
Most UK undergraduate and postgraduate programmes also start their academic year in September, making it the country’s principal entry month. Here are a few pieces of evidence in support of September 2023 enrollment in the UK:
- All courses are available in the September 2023 intake.
- You won’t have trouble deciding where to apply because all the top universities in the UK accept international students for the September admission period.
- The UK’s September enrollment period is when it offers the most scholarships.
- Students from all over the world will be able to follow the admissions process for the September entry into the UK because it coincides with their academic year.
- Students who apply between December and March will have plenty of time to complete their studies at their current institution before starting a new one in the United Kingdom.
- As a bonus, you’ll be able to schedule, prepare for, and take entrance exams with ease and then promptly receive your scores and be in.
Step-by-Step Timetable for the September 2023 intake
April to June 2022- Make a list of universities and majors you’re interested in, then research the steps for applying, what documents you’ll need, your estimated costs, any financial assistance you might be eligible for, and the application date.
- Examine the criteria for entry to see if you qualify. (Literary and scholarly)
- Get any applicable grants or scholarships.
- Verify the availability of housing, transportation, a post-graduation job permit, and part-time employment.
June to August 2022- Students from outside the United Kingdom will need excellent English language skills to succeed in their academic pursuits there. Now is as good a time as any to start studying for an English language test.
August to December 2022– Get rolling on your application paperwork by drafting your statement, letters of recommendation, and academic records.
December 2022 to April 2023– Submit applications to the universities of your choice.
April to July 2023– Make sure you have an offer letter and bank statements before submitting a visa application.
July to September 2023– Get ready to fly to your dream study.
When should you apply for the September 2023 intake?
You have an entire year to be ready if you plan on enrolling in classes in the United Kingdom in September 2023 intake. It’s understandably competitive to gain admission for the September 2023 intake due to the many applicants. To avoid delays, it’s best to get everything in order ahead of time and send your application without delay. You might as well be halfway done if you’ve been putting off submitting your application until the final minute.
If you’re planning to study in the UK in September 2023, it’s important to start preparing and applying as early as possible. This will give you enough time to finish the application process, get all the documents you need, and make sure you get into the university you want. The deadline for university applications in the UK may vary, but typically it is between January and June of the same year. For the September 2023 intake, you can expect the deadlines to be around these months.
Applying early also gives you a better chance of receiving a decision from the university sooner, which can help with your planning and preparation for your move to the UK. It can also give you more time to think about what to do if a university turns you down, giving you a chance to apply to other schools or make changes to your application. Also, students who apply early may have a better chance of getting scholarships or financial aid, which can be a big deal for many international students.
Advantages of taking the September 2023 intake in the UK
The September intake is a popular option for students who want to start their academic journey at the beginning of the academic year. Here are some of the key advantages of taking the September 2023 intake in the UK:
- Fresh Start: September is the start of a new academic year, which provides students with a fresh start and a new opportunity to focus on their studies and set academic goals for the year.
- Better Preparation Time: Students who choose the September intake have more time to prepare for their studies, both academically and personally. This can help to ensure that they are fully prepared to hit the ground running when they start their course.
- Increased Availability of Resources: The start of the academic year is also the start of the academic cycle, which means increased availability of resources such as textbooks, course materials, and student services.
- Improved Integration: Starting in September, students can fully integrate into university life and their course and subject communities. This can help make the transition to university life smoother and more enjoyable.
- Access to On-Campus Activities: Taking the September 2023 intake provides international students with the opportunity to participate in various on-campus activities and events, such as orientation, club fairs, and student social events.
The September intake provides students with numerous advantages and opportunities to succeed academically and personally.
Application Deadlines for September 2023 Intake
Applying for the September 2023 intake will give you a good shot at getting into one of the top universities in the UK for your desired major. The optimal time to apply to a university in the United Kingdom is three to four months before the course’s start date in the United Kingdom. However, most dates for individual programmes are subject to change, and UCAS deadlines are always firm. To that end, let’s set a rough cutoff date for the September 2023 intake in the UK.
- The largest portion of undergraduate classes has a June deadline.
- There is a July cutoff for submitting a UCAS supplement request.
- The Clearinghouse for University of California Admissions (UCA) typically begins in July.
- September marks the absolute, unmovable deadline.
In a surprise announcement in some universities in the United Kingdom, some renowned British University has shocked their postgraduate students by ending September Intake ’23 courses early.
The application deadline in the UK typically begins eight to sixteen months prior to the start of the course, thus, the deadlines for the September 2023 intake may be earlier than this.
Top universities for the September 2023 intake in the UK
All UK universities welcome new students in September, offering various degrees. Institutions ranging from the middle to the top tier are represented among these new students. Some top-ranked universities in the UK are highlighted below:
|1. Aston University||40. Birkbeck, University of London|
|2. Bangor University||41. BPP University|
|3. Birmingham City University||42. Brunel University London|
|4. Canterbury Christ Church University||43. Cardiff Metropolitan University|
|5. Coventry University||44. Cranfield University|
|6. De Montfort University||45. Hult International Business School|
|7. Keele University||46. Kingston University|
|8. Lancaster University||47. London South Bank University|
|9. Middlesex University London||48. Newcastle College (HE)|
|10. Newcastle University||49. Nottingham Trent University|
|11. Queen’s University Belfast||50. Robert Gordon University|
|12. Solent University, Southampton||51. St Mary’s University, Twickenham|
|13. Swansea University||52. Teesside University|
|14. The University of Buckingham||53. The University of East London|
|15||54. University for the Creative Arts|
|16. University of Bedfordshire||55. University of Suffolk|
|17. University of Bradford||56. University College Birmingham-UCB|
|18. University of Central Lancashire||57. University of Chester|
|19. University of Dundee||58. University of East Anglia|
|20. University of Essex||59. University of Gloucestershire|
|21. University of Greenwich||60. University of Hertfordshire|
|22. University of Kent||61. University of Lincoln|
|23. University of Liverpool||62. University of Northumbria-London and Newcastle|
|24. University of Plymouth||63. University of Portsmouth|
|25. University of Reading||64. University of Roehampton, London|
|26. University of South Wales||65. University of Strathclyde|
|27. University of Sunderland London||66. University of Surrey|
|28. University of the West of England-UWE Bristol||67. University of Wales Trinity Saint David|
|29. University of York||68. University of Worcester|
|30. University of Winchester||69. University of Hull|
|31. Regent College London||70. Northeastern University|
|32. University of Wolverhampton||71. University of Huddersfield|
|33. University of Salford||72. University of Leicester|
|34. University of Northampton||73. Abertay University|
|35. University of Aberdeen||74. Loughborough University|
|36. Regents University||75. Heriot-Watt University|
|37. Staffordshire University||76. London Metropolitan University|
|38. Liverpool John Moores University||77. University of Sussex|
Top Courses for the September 2023 intake in the UK
Listed below are some of the best programmes available for enrollment beginning in September 2023 in the United Kingdom-
- Business and Management
- Engineering and Technology
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Media and Communications
- Computer Science
- Politics Finance and Accounting
- Natural Science
- Social Science
- Sports Science
Essential Documents for September 2023 Intake
Before enrolling in a programme beginning in September 2023 Intake in UK, you must first complete the following required paperwork:
- Passport and UK Study Visa Copy
- A copy of 10th, 12th Certificate (For Undergraduate courses)
- A copy of 10th, 12th Certificate and Graduate Degree (For Post-graduation)
- Reference Letter with the signature of the referee
- Confirmation of Enrolment
- Degree of Master’s (For PhD courses)
- Research Proposal (To Apply for PhD Courses)
- Certificate of IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE or any other exam
- Personal Statement (State of Purpose)
- Updated CV
- UCAS Letter
Scholarships for September 2023 Intake
For the 2023–2024 academic year, major universities in the United Kingdom are offering over 1,500 scholarships to international students. These awards cover tuition, living expenses, health insurance, and a monthly stipend of around £2000.
Here are some scholarships for international students for the September 2023 intake in the UK-
- Chevening Scholarship UK (Fully Funded)
- GEMS International Undergraduate Scholarship
- University of Bristol Think Big Scholarship
- University of East Anglia Scholarship
- Global Excellence Postgraduate Taught Scholarship
- The Global Wales Postgraduate Scholarships
- Dean’s Award for Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Global Leaders Scholarship
- University of Reading Empowering Change Scholarship
- University of Exeter Undergraduate Scholarships
- Westminster Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarships
- The Marshall Scholarships
- GREAT Scholarships
- Glasgow International Leadership Scholarships
From academic excellence to diversity and inclusion, there are a variety of scholarships available to help you achieve your dreams. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity!
The September 2023 intake in the UK provides a fantastic opportunity for prospective students to pursue their academic goals and realise their full potential. With world-class universities offering a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs and a vibrant and welcoming academic community, studying in the UK can be an enriching and transformative experience.
The availability of scholarships and funding opportunities adds to the attractiveness of the UK as a study destination. Therefore, if you are considering pursuing your academic goals in the UK, now is the time to start exploring your options and take the first step towards a fulfilling academic journey.