Studying at an overseas university is a phenomenal experience for an international student. The United Kingdom (UK) is one of the outstanding and globally recognized destinations for international students. A large number of foreign students fly to the UK for higher studies every year. Moreover, the UK is not only prominent for its educational institutions but also for its old heritage and tradition, environment, multicultural atmosphere, the standard of living, etc. There are a lot of reasons which make the UK a popular choice for international students.
- Globally Certified Education: The UK has a reputation around the world as a place of learning and academia and it is also the home of some top-notch universities which is why foreign students want to pursue their higher studies in the UK. Moreover, these universities have kept their reputation for centuries. The University of Oxford and the University of Cambridge were ranked first and sixth out of 1500 universities around the world (THE). The other top-class universities in the UK are:
★ Imperial College, London (8th)
★ University of Bristol (9th)
★ University College, London (10th)
★ The University of Edinburgh (187th)
★ London School of Economics (27th)
- Multiple Choice of Degree: There are a number of opportunities for international students in UK universities coming from any academic background. The students can study from Engineering to Medicine and from Business to Humanities and Social Science. The most desired courses of international students in the UK are:
★ Engineering and Technology
★ Medicine and Life Science
★ Natural Science
★ Business Administration
★ Arts and Humanities
★ Social Science
- Course Duration: One of the biggest advantages of studying in the UK is that international students can get high-quality education in a very short period of time compared to the rest of the world. On the whole, the duration of masters’ programmes is one year in the UK which means students can complete their graduation faster than others.
- Affordable Tuition Fees: As you already know that the duration of the course in the UK is shorter than any other English country in the world, the tuition fees become low here. Moreover, short-duration courses also reduce the living expenses overseas compared to the other study destinations like the United States, Canada, and Australia. Moreover, the tuition fees are actually low in the UK compared to other English-speaking countries.
- Scholarship and Funding: UK universities offer a wide range of scholarships for both local and international students. In the UK foreign students mainly get 2 types of scholarships. Such as,
★ Need-Based Scholarship
★ Merit-Based Scholarship. These scholarships cover students’ university tuition fees, accommodation, and sometimes learners’ other financial issues.
- Employability Rate: The employment opportunity rate for international students is pretty high in the UK compared to other English-speaking nations. The list of UK graduate employability is:
- Multicultural and Multilingual Society: British history is one of the oldest in the world. Their traditions, culture, art, museum, and education are world-famous. From the Tower of London and Buckingham Palace to Stonehenge and Edinburgh Castle. There’s a lot to see and explore in the UK especially if it will be your first time here. Furthermore, the international students will also get a taste of a multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Work while Studying: It is known to everyone that international students need to pay a large amount of money in English speaking countries. As a result, it is highly beneficial for foreign students if they can work along with studying. Moreover, the UK government allows international students to work up to 20 hours at the time of studying.
- Life Outside Campus: The UK universities promote and encourage the wholesome development of students' personalities. The UK can be the best destination for those students who are interested in extracurricular activities. The courses blend perfectly with the activities and vocational skills along with academics to help the overall growth of the students.
- Learning and Living a Language: At the time of studying in the UK, foreign students have a wonderful chance to flourish their English proficiency. As the United Kingdom practices English as their first language, international scholars need to enlarge their English skills for their own survival.
In the end, foreign students have a lot more reasons to pick the UK for their higher studies destination along with the above causes. So, if you have the opportunity to study in the UK, grab the opportunity because it is definitely a worthy decision.